Tuesday 31 January 2012

naps

never ever take a nap during school hours. no matter how in tune you think your internal alarm clock is with the school bell, it will fail and there will be no snooze button to save you.  if you are lucky you will get a polite call from the school asking who is picking up your child and as you swear like fury in your head another part of your brain will kick in and tell a smooth small teeny tiny lie so the authorities won't get involved and your card at the school isn't permanently marked.

never ever take a nap during school hours as the guilt will force you to make a proper cooked dinner when all you were planning to do was whip out a couple of fish fingers from the freezer and fling them into the oven with some frozen chips. instead you may end up doing an emergency defrost in the microwave.  you might have to start chopping and frying and stirring instead of sniffing to make sure nothing is burning under the grill.

we had spaghetti bolognese for dinner today. it tasted lovely. every cloud has a ... you know the rest.

1 comment:

  1. So glad I'm not the only one! On the rare occasion when I'm home and have to go and collect my little man from school, experience has taught me to set 2 alarms in case I miss one. I've been known to run down to the school with my head tie still in situ! So embarrassing. Lol.

    ReplyDelete